27/01/2012

the blow dry

15

I tend not to give a toss about my hair.

In high school I went through a phase of getting up at 5.30am to curl the entirety of my head, but by 'phase' I mean it happened about four times. I have had every colour of hair under the sun (from darkest brown to peroxide blonde with a healthy dollop of purple thrown in circa 2004 and frequent flirtations with ginger) but when it comes to style I have a penchant for the scruffy look and do little more than a half-assed blow dry, if at all, and perhaps some strenuous back-combing and hair-spraying before a night out. It's most probably laziness although I like to call it the Mary-Kate effect, and I was perfectly happy in my Olsen triplet delusion. But then I went to McIntyres.


Photobucket


Normally I leave from my hair appointments with poker straight hair, wholly devoid of body and movement and life. Even when I protest that I don't wear my hair straight, out come the GHDs glistening under the bright lights because "it'll just smooth it out a bit."

Not this time.

This is the most beautiful blow-dry I have ever had. I practically skipped with glee all the way home from the hairdressers, hair bouncing behind me, feeling like a veritable Kate Middleton, all polished and prim and proper and princess like. It's quite astonishing how much a good hair style can lift your spirits!

If only I could recreate this at home.

How do hairdressers manage to make the round brush blow dry look so easy?

29 comments:

  1. Your blow-dry looks amazing! Very Kate Middleton - jelous!

    Georgie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember whenever I used to the hairdressers they always used to me flat hair and change my parting after taking the piss out of my side one, haven't been to a hairdressers for ever 2 years now.. Your hair looks soo good, I love kate middletons hair, looks so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pics!!!i'm following you!!!if you like mine, do the same!!
    WWW.ZAGUFASHION.COM
    ZAGU FACEBOOK PAGE
    bloglovin follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow babe your hair looks fab. Exactly the same when I've gone for a blow out in the past and they make it poker straight and lifeless. You look gorgeous. xx

    http://everythingsalt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) argh it's so annoying, i don't know why every single hairdresser on the planet seems to think it looks good! x

      Delete
  5. Great blog and I'm your newest follower.
    If you like, follow me back. It would make me very happy ;)

    minnja.blogspot.com

    LOVE
    Minnja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow you look gorgeous! I always wish I could perform the same magic as my hairdresser - I can't figureout my way around a round brush either!

    Hope you have a lovely weekend! :)

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look very nice with that hairstyle in the 2nd pic :)
    If you find a while, take a look also at my outfits: http://violinstyle.blogspot.com/
    The newest one is inspired by... Pink Panther! ;)
    If you like it, please follow me via GFC.
    I'll be glad to follow you back. :)
    Greetings,
    Joanna from www.violinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it when the hair-dressers do a really good job! That is a lovely blow dry, wish my hair would behave and look a bit more like that!

    iamthegirlfromthecountryside.blogspot.com

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're the cutest! top photo is beautiful

    x

    http://raisedbythewolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww your beautiful! I cant for the life of me, use a round brush properly!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are gorgeous! Love your hair!

    http://runwaymeeting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, wish i could do it myself! x

      Delete
  12. you look so good (:

    www.jessicajersey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You're hair looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your hair !!!!

    http://www.leblogdestephetlea.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have such an awesome blog, and you are so beautiful :) I must read your older posts now - so great!

    xoxo
    come check out mine:
    www.vt-chance.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) what a lovely comment!

      Delete
  16. Very nice, love your hair! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow it looks lovely! I want my hair to look like this all the time.. if only haha. x

    fashioninflux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how different you look in both photos! They both look lovely. I do like a bouncy blow dry though, very swish.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow your hair looks gorgeous! Very pretty. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. your hair looks lovely. I also love that thing you are wearing in the 1st pic!

    ReplyDelete