30/04/2012

Origins A Perfect World


Photobucket 


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket 
In recent months, I’ve found myself looking in the mirror and thinking “god I look old.”

 I’m not quite sure when it happened; up until recently I hadn’t personally seen much difference in my face between now and back, in the mists of time, when I was 17, but something has most definitely changed. It probably has a lot to do with the stresses of my final years at university. For anyone else in their Honours years at university, I feel your pain.

And so does my face.

The skin around my eyes has started to feel a touch papery and I’m noticing creases where there never used to be creases. And let’s not even get started on the dark under eye circles – there is only so much Lasting Perfection Concealer can achieve. So, faced with this horrible prospect of ageing before my time, I decided to take action. To take more care of my poor skin and try and prevent any further damage. 

When I think ‘damage-protection’ I think ‘sun-protection’ so I wanted something with a good SPF in it. Having heard a lot about Origins, I hopped over to their counter where I tried, tested and admired various sumptuous smelling unguents and eventually left with ‘A Perfect World.’

I find it light enough for every day use, but also rich enough to slather on at night time. It’s packed full of antioxidants – to prevent ageing! Hurrah! – and has a decent SPF 25, which is most definitely adequate for the bonnie Scottish climate. The scent is a lovely, almost citrusy vitamin C smell, but it’s not too overpowering, and it doesn’t contain any nasty chemicals or animal products. I’ve been wearing it almost every day and I really love it. I feel like I’m doing something good for my skin, that it’s safe under its nice protective layer of nice ingredients and SPF. It is a little pricey, but if you're going to invest in any kind of beauty product, skincare is probably where to start. You do only get one face.

As I grow older I’m becoming more and more concerned with my skin, fitness and health in general, and what better place to start than a really good daily moisturiser?

3 comments:

  1. I actually kind of know what you mean, I didn't think there was any difference in me between 17 and now but something's definitely changed. Maybe I need this too!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling the same sort of way - not that I'm looking old exactly, but that I'm pulling at my under-eye area too much etc and its becoming a problem. Please keep us updated on how well this moisturiser works - i really like that it has no harsh chemicals and is paraben free as well. A must for anything I'm putting on my face for extended periods of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I am following you now,under name Lilie Marlen,but I don't use any photos so I will be last one on your follower list.I will be honored if you come visit my blog and follow it if you like it Have a nice day
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete