23/04/2012

YSL glossy stain


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket Photobucket 
YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis à Levres Glossy Stain #13 Rose Tempura

I first saw the new YSL Glossy Stain in the beautiful Fleur de Force's March Favourites video, and thought I would really like to try one out. I've been turning into quite the lip product junkie over the past few months and thought the glossy stain sounded different and interesting enough to warrant a purchase. I headed straight to the YSL counter in John Lewis, where I was completely flummoxed by the choice of colours. There are so many (well, 20) to choose from. Eventually I plumped for this gorgeous rich pinky red 'Rose Tempura' shade, and I really, really like it.

The consistency is a bit weird, to the point that I'm loath to describe it for fear of sounding a bit weird myself, but try and imagine a super thick, stickier version of your usual lip stain, like Benetint or something. It's kind of like that... I think... Texture description impossibilities aside, I really like this product.

I've never used anything like it before, so it gets points for originality and a few excited squeals from me too. It's also incredibly buildable and versatile - one thin coat buffed into the lips leaves a nice, subtle stain (above left) while three coats gives a super glossy, rich, intense pout (above right). If that wasn't enough, the staying power is also mind-blowing, staying intact as I munched my way through several easter eggs and many cups of tea on Easter Sunday. Despite leaving pretty pink kisses on all my mugs, at the end of the day I still had a fair amount of colour on my lips; the gloss of course had worn off by then.

Although I'm not a massive fan of the packaging, or the price point, I definitely recommend the glossy stain; it's unique, versatile, long-lasting and the colours are beautiful. I want them all! 

8 comments:

  1. Great review, It looks really nice on you!

    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!! GREAT COLOR!!

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful shade! :)


    - Victoria
    www.Vickkitas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty color on you.

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your blog !

    Bisous, Valentine, 14 ans
    http://inthestreetofmode.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That color is gorgeous on you. I had one of the YSL Glossy Stains but ultimately returned it because the smell became really nauseating! I might buy one again though just because I loved the way the product looked and lasted.

    xx,
    Jordana

    ReplyDelete