15/05/2012

Origins Sensory Therapy Peace of Mind


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Stress is a horrible thing. I know I have my moments when I get particularly wound up - running late, traffic jams, presentations, interviews etc - and there isn't always time to step away for some deep breathing and a bit of a calming yoga stretch. I wish I could afford weekly massages and constant hot yoga classes, but for now little helpers like this special ointment are going to have to do.

‘Peace of Mind’ is a cream consistency with a very strong peppermint scent. You take a little pump, rub it on your temples and pulse points and take a moment to breathe deeply. Obviously, it doesn’t relieve all stress instantaneously, but I find the scent calming and the ritual of it a lot more effective than the breathing deeply alone. Something about having something to do helps me forget for a minute about whatever is causing me to stress – it just lifts you out of the situation for a minute, and gives you just a tiny bit of ‘you time.’

I’d really recommend this if you’re prone to stressing. It’s fantastic just to keep in your bag and whip out at required moments, and I find it’s particularly brilliant for things like presentations and exams. I practically doused myself in the stuff before my oral exam last week.

Clearly, it’s not going to completely dispel all your stress and worries, but it’s a nice little product to keep around to lend a helping hand.

3 comments:

  1. I am going to try this! Thanks for the tip! xx

    -Lauren


    http://adornlafemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. REALLY AN AMAZING POST HONEY
    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete