23/08/2012

Croatia: Split

Last summer my boyfriend and I spent the best part of three weeks travelling around Croatia, taking in Hvar, Korçula, Dubrovnik, Braç and Split. I thought I'd do a short series of posts on the trip, as it was one of my favourite holidays and it's a beautiful country. You can read the rest of the series by clicking here. 

This is my last Croatia post! It's taken me a year to get them all up - oh dear. If any of you are thinking about going to Croatia and think I might be able to help, don't hesitate to ask some questions in the comments or email you. I could talk about it all day! 


Photobucket

Photobucket

Split was our last stop on our little Croatian tour. Strangely enough we'd already been there twice by the time we actually spent some time there. We flew into Split from London, but hopped straight on a ferry to Hvar, and on our way from Dubrovnik to Brac we had a brief stop and change of bus for boat in Split too. It was nice to finally get to spend some real time there. It was definitely one of my favourite places on our little trip.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We stayed in a tiny studio apartment right in the middle of Diocletian's Palace, and we couldn't have asked for a better location. If you're going to Split I would definitely recommend trying to get a place within the palace walls, it's so beautiful and it's really lovely to be right in the middle of things.


Photobucket


Photobucket

Our days in Split were spent wandering around the old city, getting lost in amongst the alleyways and narrow streets and just soaking up the atmosphere of it all. We did venture out to the beach for a couple of days, mostly to soak up the last of the Croatian sun before heading back to the UK, but also to satisfy my boyfriend's jet-ski cravings. I had never been on a jet ski before but oh my god, it was so much fun. 

Photobucket


Evenings in Split were spent much the same as the days - wandering around, soaking in the atmosphere, whiling out dinners as long as possible before dipping in and out of random little bars for cocktails and beers. It seems every night in Split in one of the main squares, there's a little live music show with various artists and bands performing. Spectators sit on the steps and by the ancient pillars surrounding the square, sipping drinks and nibbling on ice cream, and just having a really lovely time. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

That's probably the main thing I remember about Split - the atmosphere. It was just such a relaxing and pleasant place to be, without compromising on liveliness, as there was still plenty going on after dark. We really couldn't have asked for a better place to end our holiday. It's just a shame we had to leave. 

Photobucket

Photobucket


I'd go back in a heartbeat.


19 comments:

  1. Everyone seems to be going to Croatia! But looks like a lovely place, I'll have to add it to my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowie.

    The photos are gorgeous.

    You and your bf are gorgeous.

    I feel like there's some conspiracy here. HOW CAN THERE BE SO MUCH GORGEOUSNESS IN ONE BLOG POST.

    // SOYCONFESSIONS.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow it looks like such a lovely place to visit! I love your photographs <3 xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks beautiful! I'd love to go there! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous! I like Croatia.. I went there few yrs ago and was staying in Mila Jovovich's grans house or something lol so random. I've been to Split as well, so pretty..but I've been in Pisak,too which is lovely, reminds me of Greece and they had the best prosciutto from what I can remember xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow i want to go it looks so beautiful

    -Jessica
    http://www.jumpintopuddles.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks incredible!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute blog. greetings from germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos!(:
    xo,
    http://loadsofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. the architecture is incredible! what a beautiful location and fun images :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pictures.*_*
    Would you like to follow each other on BLOGLOVIN and GFC???
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow! looks amazing!

    FineandFeathered.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These pictures are amazing. Looks like so much fun.

    I'd love for you to stop by my blog to check out my interview with the fabulous ladies behind the Pretty Little Liars style. :)
    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! I was born in Split and been living there fot the last 19 years but last two years I have moved to zagreb to college! These photos are amazing, I hope you liked my hometown! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, honey! I really liked your blog, you have great photos! Now, I am your faithful follower! I really hope that you enjoy my blog and you will be my follower!)))) Miss you, kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks so beautiful!Absolutely gorgeous photography!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this post, It sounds like a beautiful place, I really want to go now! Also the last picture is absolutely lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete