02/09/2012

autumn revision

Before it all kicks off again...it hasn’t already has it? There’s such a whirlwind of excitement I almost feel like I’ve missed something.

Right, before it all kicks off again and the shows have us all dreaming of next summer when we’ve barely gotten over the disappointment that was this summer (can it really be over if it never really began?) I thought I’d take a moment to think about the current season, and remember some of my favourite shows from all the way back at the beginning of this rapidly disappearing year.

I think this is quite a common sentiment among us Brits, given that we’re not really lucky enough to enjoy all the sartorial perks of having a real summer, but Autumn/Winter is absolutely my favourite fashion season. I love the rich textures and the jewel colours that seem to pop up again year after year, I love throwing on a million layers and topping it all off with a gigantic scarf, and I absolutely adore when ‘Christmas party season’ rolls around and shop floors are suddenly bursting with a million different dresses in varying degrees of sparkle.

My aim for this season will be to veer away from my beloved burgundy shades in favour of purples and navy and even more black than usual, and all the other colours most frequently found mid-thigh after you walked into the corner of that table you didn’t realise was there… Yes, that’s right, this season I’m going to be dressing like one giant 5’5” bruise. I may even get my so-white-they’re-blue legs out at the Christmas party. 

Enough drivel from me. We'll let the pictures say the thousands of words instead.


Alexander Wang
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Altuzarra

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Balenciaga
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Christopher Kane

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Elizabeth and James

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Erdem

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 


Haider Ackermann

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 

Jil Sander

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 

Stella McCartney

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 
The Row

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 


God, I want to go shopping.

All photos from Style.com. Where else?

9 comments:

  1. I am SO excited for autumn. You've made me want to go shopping too now! hehe xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful photos!Lovely look and gorgeous photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the autumn/winter season for clothes, excited to see the burgundy shades back but these are such inspirational looks, especially the Elizabeth and James ones! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me want to go shopping too, and buy lots of new autumn coloured clothes. My wardrobe is full of summery prints - i think it's time to put them away and start welcoming the colder weather! (any excuse to buy more clothes) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Winter is my fav too! I'm such a sequin magpie, anything OTT is well up my street. Loving the images you chose for your round up x miaoliver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set of photos.. thanks for sharing! I'm going to be lusting over these for a while :)

    xx

    maribleu.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Balenciaga .. there are now words how gorgeous their AW collection is. Sigh x

    http://girlinthelens.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Different styles and flashy in one blog, I love it.

    ReplyDelete