27/09/2012

London


It may be the biased Brit in me, but London is my favourite fashion destination. I've never been to LFW  - or any 'FW' for that matter - but somehow it seems to be much less pretentious, a bit more rough-around-the-edges and a whole lot more cool. Of course, these ideas stem from my imagination, as I'm sat here on a rainy wednesday night in front of my laptop, and as a complete outsider, I'm perfectly aware I could be completely, totally wrong but you know, a girl can dream. Anyway, what follows is several of my favourite London shows. As with my New York picks, there's a lot of sexy, slouchy, tomboy cool vibes (Ashish, House of Holland, Sass & Bide), some ladylike sophistication (Burberry, Preen) and a totally sexy mash up of the two (Christopher Kane, Felder Felder, Topshop Unique.)

Other observations: it seems the trend for collars won't be going anywhere anytime soon and that we're going to have to hit the floor and do some crunches, ladies: it looks like crop tops and masses of midriff are here to stay.

Acne

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Ashish

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Burberry Prorsum

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Christopher Kane

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Christopher Raeburn

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

David Koma

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Felder Felder

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Giles

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

House of Holland

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Marios Schwab

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Mary Katrantzou

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Moschino Cheap & Chic

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

PPQ

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Preen

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sass & Bide

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Topshop Unique

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

What were your London favourites this season?
P.S. Who else wants that awesome pineapple cross-body bag?

2 comments:

  1. You aren't wrong about fashion shows - although there are some pretentious members of the audience, it's generally a good event!
    Great post btw and if only pineapples were my favourite fruits (where's the strawberry bag??)

    http://the-makingofthings.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Sass and Bide stuff but then again, I'm bias as I'm an Aussie. Love the pineapple bag, I actually have a similar one from ASOS.

    http://arrceebee.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete