19/09/2012

NYFW two

Voilà, part two of my NYFW picks.  One thing I noticed whilst drooling over all the New York spring shows, is that they don't look very much like spring. The amount of black, leather, and sex appeal reads more like winter to me, than the saccharine-nautical-floral-floaty Spring that I'm used to. I'm sure the High Street will still be all cute florals and stripes and neons come the end of February, but hopefully that won't be all that's on offer. As a girl who lives in the upper half of Scotland 75% of the year, my 'summer' wardrobe largely consists of leather jackets, opaque tights, ballet pumps and maxi skirts, rather than shorts, dresses, sandals and bare legs. When it finally gets to March April May and we get a smattering of sunny days, I'm still being chastised by my mother for wearing too much black. "You look like you're going to a funeral, not a barbecue." So to see that the order of the season is very much black, length, volume and texture excites me very much indeed.


Theysken's Theory

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thakoon

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Rodarte 

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Proenza Schouler

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Pierre Balmain

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Marc Jacobs

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Elizabeth and James


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

DKNY

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Calvin Klein

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 
3.1 Phillip Lim
Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucket
Favourites from this selection? The slouchy knit and trousers of Theysken's Theory, the topaz trousers and relaxed trench from Elizabeth and James, that beautiful taxi-cab yellow mac at DKNY  and absolutely everything 3.1 Phillip Lim. 
Magenta moto jacket, I need one of you.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, the Marc Jacobs collection is heaven! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you , some looks are not very springy... Specially T.Theory and P.Lim.. But I love it... The one collection I cannot get out my head is RebeccaM =) she is soo cool

    ReplyDelete