29/11/2013

November favourites

 photo P1120504_zpse0f5f464.jpg

I've started using a few great products recently that I can't get enough of, so I thought I'd share them here. Some are brand new discoveries, some are old favourites and others are products I've been itching to get my hands on for ages.

 photo P1120509_zpsc7442e7c.jpg

Tired of catching sight of myself looking patchy and smudged at the end of the day, I've found myself reaching for products that help keep my make-up in place all day. Hiding in the back there is the absolutely beautiful Guerlain Metéorites Primer (by the way, check out this beautiful animation for the powder!). Not only is the packaging absolutely beautiful, but it goes on really nicely, makes a lovely base for make-up and leaves a lovely shimmer peaking through the skin.

On top of that goes Bobbi Brown's Long Wear Foundation, which I've been applying with the Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush. I love Bobbi Brown products, and not only for the fact that their colour range is excellent for pale skin. This foundation is lovely, with good coverage that's not too thick you feel like you're wearing a mask and it is really long wearing too. Just to make sure it doesn't budge, I spritz on Urban Decay's De-Slick Setting Spray which renders my make-up completely apocalypse proof. Perfect.

I've been intrigued by Kevyn Aucoin's Sculpting Powder for a really long time, but have always though it'd be too dark for my complexion. I bit the bullet in Space NK after trying it on and thinking I could get away with it. Admittedly, I do have to apply it extremely lightly and extremely carefully, but if I get it right - it's amazing! Give my round moon face just the slightest hint of cheekbones? Yes please. I still think Illamasqua's Hollow is a better colour for pale skin, but I prefer using powder. Hopefully one day I'll find a happy mix of the two!


 photo P1120510_zpsdf87578a.jpg

Speaking of Illamasqua, I'm loving their Intense Lipgloss in Belladonna. Beautiful colour, incredible staying power, and not too sticky with a wee bit of blotting. What more do you want in a lipgloss? For nails, I finally caved and bought OPI's Nail Envy and oh my God, my nails are so strong and hard and they make a fantastic noise for impatient tapping. Buy it. It's expensive I know, but it's that good. Colour-wise, I've rediscovered Essie's Angora Cardi. Pretty, cute, and an interesting shade of purple and it really does make me think of fuzzy cardigans. Perfect wintery alternative to dark reds and navy.

My bleached and frazzled hair has found a new best friend in It's a 10. I've seen Fleur de Force talk about it a few times and waited until I was in Kentucky last month to pick it up and amazingly, it was on offer! Hurrah. Soft, smooth manageable hair that doesn't feel like it's been to hell and back. 

As for scent, another Guerlain product with La Petite Robe Noire. It's sweet but not saccharine, and just the right amount of smoky, and the bottle looks so pretty on my dressing table. It helps that the only dresses I own are pretty much exclusively black too. 

Oh, and another favourite before I go - that tartan and houndstooth scarf sneaking in the background. It's from Zara, and I bloody love it. So damn cosy. And I love wearing tartan walking around Edinburgh!

Beauty aside, I can't get enough of this mix from Glasgow natives MermaidS;




The ideas in these articles about Lily Allen, Lululemon and bitching have been revolving in my head lately, and I have just started Orange is the New Black and am loving it!

What are your current favourites?

3 comments:

  1. i used to work for guerlain and would get their products for free, meteorites were definitely my fave! such a gorgeous primer x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that Essie polish looks so beautiful <3

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. amazing!

    Lots of love from the casper&pearl girls,
    casper&pearl blog xo
    Xo

    ReplyDelete