14/04/2014

spring favourites

I decided to photograph my recent favourites on my windowsill, amongst my little collection of elephants and my little red cactus.

These are all the beauty products I've been finding myself reaching for time and time again lately.


 photo P1120745_zpsfdd1a91c.jpg

 photo P1120731_zpsabdb5bee.jpg

Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille Perfume. I have lusted after this perfume for a very long time, and this past Christmas I was lucky enough to see Santa squeezing down my chimney with it. Since then, every time I put it on,  I fall in love with it a little more. It's dramatic, rich, seductive and heady, and makes me feel like behaving very, very badly. What more could a girl want in a perfume?

Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Never Say Never. I love this. It walks the line between purple and pink, is just blue toned enough to have that teeth whitening effect and works just as nicely as a dramatic day-time lip or a subtle night-time one. I'm a sucker for a matte finish anyway, and these Nars pencils (this is my second, I also have Dragon Girl) have a lovely texture, that's not remotely drying and is super easy to apply. They're not as matte as my Mac Ruby Woo, for example, but they don't come with the drawbacks of being drying and difficult to apply. Winner.

My Mac lipstick in Angel is getting more and more wear as the weather softens into spring. It's the perfect pinky nude and I love the colour of it. It's a Frost finish, but I find it to be very creamy and not remotely shimmery. Oh and apparently it's Kim Kardashian's favourite, and who doesn't want a Kardashian pout? No?

Perched on my Mac lippie is my gorgeous ROX Identity stud ring that you can buy right here! It comes in gold and a very pretty rose gold too. I love this ring, I wear it all the time and find it gets loooads of compliments. It's chunky enough to make a little bit of a statement, but not so much that you're granny's going to be horrified. Mine was a leaving present from my former (*sob*) colleagues who I miss very much and must see more of! 

 photo P1120734_zps5c9930de.jpg

On the other side of my cactus, is the rather polarising vanilla scented hand sanitiser from Bath and Body Works in Sugared Vanilla Wish. I bought a few of these in lots of different scents when I was last in America (I miss you Kentucky!) and this has to be my favourite so far. It's really sweet, but there's something about it that smells like holidays. Like suncream or something. Anyway, they're all very strong smelling, which has caused some interesting reactions at work with about an equal measure of people begging me to stop using it as wondering where they can buy it. But it beats Carex any day in my opinion.

This Rimmel BB Cream is great. I have the shade 'very light' and it is actually light enough for my skin tone, yay! It gives much better coverage than I was expecting from a BB Cream and although it's not super matte, it's not remotely shiny which I appreciate given my oily/combination skin. Very easy to apply, I just blend it in with my fingers. It's the perfect product for a manic-mad-rush-morning, i.e. me, every Monday to Friday.

Bobbi Brown Brush Cleaning Spray. Okay, as much as I love clean make-up brushes, actually washing them is a pain in the ass. I rarely bother to do it, okay. It just pains me. There are many other things I would rather do. But then I heard that brush cleaning sprays existed and I knew I had to get one. I just spritz this on my brushes after use (if I'm not having a manic-mad-rush-morning, that is) and bam! they're a little more hygienic for a little longer. It hasn't entirely eliminated the need for make-up brush washing, but it has reduced the urgent need for it and alleviated my guilt for not doing so, almost entirely. YAY.

Soap and Glory's Kick Ass Concealer is my final beauty favourite of recent times, and I have entirely failed to photograph it appropriately for you. Inside you get a two colours of concealer and a mirror, just like your standard compact, and behind the mirror, in a little compartment there's a teeny tiny powder puff and a pale setting powder. This stuff means business. You get a peachy concealer, that's lovely and soft and easy to blend, perfect for combatting blue tones in those bags under your eyes and a much more yellow toned one, that has a thicker consistency. The yellow one is really great for covering redness, and boy, does it stick around. Set everything with the setting powder, and this concealer is not going to budge. It's war paint.

Other things I've been loving lately:

Salon I find myself being fascinated by every article I read on Salon. I've liked them on facebook, and pretty much every article they post, I read.

This advert is beautiful and it will make you cry.

And aaargh, Leandra Medine, I love you.


 photo ball_zps6f259119.jpg

Another favourite of recent months, was the weekend I spent in Newcastle with these ladies, and photographer Mhairi. It was the best, wildest, most debauched, hilarious, incredible, ridiculous weekend I have ever had and my little heart is overflowing with joy and love for these ladies. 

Bring on the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment