27/04/2014

YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush 9 Rose Épicurien

 photo P1120749_zpsff03ee94.jpg

This is not a nail varnish.

It is, in fact, a beautiful lip and cheek stain from the beauty Gods at YSL. I love YSL products. Their mascaras are incredible, Touche Éclat is a staple, their Glossy Stainsare unbeatable and it's always nice to whip something so beautifully packaged out of your handbag.

This lovely little stain is my latest foray into YSL world and I am loving it.

 photo P1120750_zpsd659b963.jpg

I tend not to be a fan of multipurpose products - I find they're either good at one thing and not the other, or just mediocre at both. But I've really been loving this for lips and cheeks, and as it turns out, I'm a fan of the matchy-matchy look. 

The texture is a beautiful velvet matte, that's really easy to apply. I've been applying it straight to my cheeks and then blending out with fingers, and I find it leaves a really soft, natural finish on the skin and it's staying power is pretty good too. For lips, just one little swipe of the doe foot and you're good to go. Unlike most matte lip products I've used, I don't find this to be drying at all, and it feels lovely and velvety soft to wear.

The shade I have, and am wearing in the picture below, is Rose Épicurien (an appropriate shade for a bonne vivante haha) and I think it's the perfect everyday shade, for my colouring at least. It's a nice dusty pink that looks very natural on the cheeks and a kind of my-lips-but-pinker colour on the pout. I can already see myself reaching for this over my much loved MAC Angel lipstick on a day-to-day basis. The two-in-one will be a life saver on manic mornings!


 photo IMG_5546_zps6050a0f9.jpg
(Top is Ted Baker)

They are expensive (£27) but they are YSL, so that comes with the territory. There are 12 shades all together, and I've already got my eye on number 6 Rouge Libertine. I think such an intense red would be a fun colour to play with on the cheeks, although must avoid looking like a clown. 

Anyway, what do you think of these? Have you tried one? 


*It terrifies me that this post was written two years ago. How time flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment