14/07/2014

Kim Kardashian Style Inspiration. Yes really.

I have a Konfession to make.

I am a Kim Kardashian fan. 

Now I'm not saying that I consider her to be an excellent role model or that I find her so inspiring that she has forever altered the way I approach life. I certainly don't admire her for her humanitarianism or her intellect. 

However, I do think she deserves some merit for managing to wrangle the not-so-favourable notoriety of a leaked sex tape into a hugely successful, multi-million dollar business empire. That at least shows some savvy. 

She's also extremely adept at practicing the kind of self-admiration and adoration that I think more girls and women should partake in. It might be vanity, but I think it's a helluva lot better than constantly picking at your flaws and wishing you were thinner. When it comes to bodies, Kim's is a million miles away from the nigh on emaciated frames teetering around the entertainment industry and yet she hasn't bowed to the pressure to live on kale smoothies and morph into a stick insect, which I think is commendable. She may not be a perfect role model, but as someone with a different look from the "norm," as dictated by celebrity culture, and who chooses not only to not apologise for it but to celebrate it in the form of scantily clad selfies, she provides another option. Kim Kardashian's dramatic curves say that it's okay not to be Rosie Huntington-Whitely or Cara Delevingne or any other thin and leggy starlet, and as a fat-arsed girl myself, I'm grateful for that. 

But enough about Kim Kardashian's ass.

Never in a million years did I think I would be drawing style inspiration from Kimmy K, but here I am. She's just been getting it so right lately and looking totes gorgina that I can't help myself. She just looks incredible. And I'm loving it. Pencil skirts are go.


 






















K dolls. That's enough Kardashian for one blog I think. Bible. 


P.S. Those of you that are sticklers for formatting - sorry, this is a mobile post! I'm getting the hang of it... sort of.

P.P.S Pictures taken from the bazillions on tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment