13/01/2015

Current obsessions

A few of the things currently helping me get through bleak January! I may be full of good intentions and resolutions, but the weather is definitely not helping me to keep them...



Instant transportation to a palm-tree lined beach, 50s style bikini tops and sticky blue cocktails.



I'm lusting after Russell & Bromley Chester loafers and Flynn Skye maxi dresses, not for the same outfit obviously....


Obviously I'm a sucker for anything backless and maxi. Constantly daydreaming about wearing these on a beach in Greece too, sand in my toes, salty hair, cocktail in hand, smell of coconut suncream in the air... hurry up summer.


This lot are keeping my skin happy, my eyes bright and adding little elements of much needed luxury.


Caudalie Vinosource serum, Chanel Élégante lipstick, Diptyque Feu de Bois candle, Benefit They're Real (worth the hype) and good old YSL Touche Eclat, but with a little sexy makeover.


Extreme girl crushing on Hannah Wants. (And she's coming to Edinburgh in March, yay!)



Every single recipe I've made so far from Natasha Corrett's Honestly Healthy books has been delicious, and I'm feeling really smug about my new super healthy dinners.


My favourite one so far is probably the caramelised pear salad  (this one) I recently made for Julia, and it was delicious! She loved it too - don't worry, I'm absolutely not subjecting my friends to paltry, boring, diet meals. The recipes are so good you can definitely serve them for others - they're not 'diet' recipes, just healthy ones. Win.

This NARS palette, And God Created Woman, is everything you could ever look for in a palette, brilliant title included.



I'm still just as into my Naked 1 palette and Bobbi Brown Old Hollywood as ever, but the NARS one wins for portability. I don't take anything else with me when I'm travelling now. In terms of eyeshadow obviously! Seriously though, it's perfect. Neutral, muted everyday eyes all the way up to seriously smoky and sexy eyes, and the texture and pigmentation are bang on too.


Surprise tulips are also warming my heart, and the perfect little precursor to an upcoming weekend in Amsterdam.

Other than these little things and summertime daydreams, I'm trying to spend as much time in the sauna as possible (warmth!), having lots of baths and drinking lots of baileys! Well you've got to balance all that healthy eating out with a bit of indulgence, don't you?

How are you battling through January? Any tips for beating the January blues?

No comments:

Post a Comment