21/01/2015

Workwear Inspiration

When I pictured myself in the workplace, I saw myself pencil-skirted, wasp-waisted, sharply tailored with killer heels and immaculate make-up.

The reality is, however, somewhat different. Pencil skirts and killer heels somewhat impede running up and down the stairs after your boss, carrying office equipment here and there and crawling under the desk to plug in or unplug said office equipment. Sometimes the mornings are too early for immaculate make-up and perfect hair, and on the whole the budget just doesn't cut it for anything remotely 'sharply tailored.' The twenty minute walk does preclude any kind of killer heel, but they do live under my desk, so I very much fall into that oh-so-80s trap of 'trainers to commute, heels at the office.' (Russell and Bromley loafers, I'm coming for you one day.)

I'm willing to accept all of the above. However, there have been a few too many occasions when I've found myself at work feeling scruffy and just a bit of a sartorial disaster. I have a few items in my wardrobe (dresses, shirt and trousers combos) that make me feel like I know what I'm doing in the workplace and in general, but frankly, they're too few.

Although my list of New Years Resolutions is already as long as my arm, I thought I would add "Get killer work wardrobe" to the list. With that in mind, I've been trawling pinterest for some inspiration, and thought I would share it below.


 photo workwear4_zpsc5803938.jpg

 photo workwear1_zps4da57ce0.jpg

 photo workwear3_zps51e11387.jpg

 photo workwear5_zps7f89b5eb.jpg

 photo workwear6_zpsd2a54a8e.jpg

 photo workwear7_zpsbaedc6c7.jpg

 photo workwear8_zpsb70549b9.jpg

 photo workwear11_zps5aa71094.jpg

 photo workwear9_zps208bb574.jpg

 photo workwear10_zps9fdefbe2.jpg

 photo workwear13_zpsa884be10.jpg

 photo workwear12_zps54658050.jpg

 photo workwear20_zps3c6de882.jpg

 photo workwear17_zpsbe84e6ba.jpg


 photo workwear19_zps9bcf4aa4.jpg



I'm far too much a scruff bag for this to ever happen, but if I could please just transform into a Blair Eadie - Olivia Palermo super-groomed hybrid goddess, I would be extremely grateful. 

xxx

2 comments:

  1. Found your blog recently and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    Interesting posts and beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete